"When I don't measure up to much in this life... I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Random Dozen

Things in my life are rather melancholy right now - and probably boring to anyone other than me - so I'm just going to blow past them and do another set of "Wednesday's Random Dozen" questions. ;)

1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?
See the movie. I used to enjoy reading fiction as a kid, but now I don't so much anymore. And I LOOOOVE movies. Love love love them.

2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
CHRISTMAS!! For every reason imaginable. I love everything about it - the music, the decorations, the buying of gifts, the fresh tree! And of course, most of all, what we are celebrating: the birth of my Savior. :) I'm that person you know who is obsessed with Christmas. That's me.

3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
Hmm.. close call, but probably the mountains. I think they're beautiful, and I think the mountains have more to offer than the beach. This might also be in part because I live near Lake Tahoe, the location of the most gorgeous alpine lake (with beaches) in the world. The best of both!! :D

4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
Honestly, the car I drive now is probably my dream car. My parents gave it to me as a gift when I graduated college. If I had the money I'd buy a newer one, but I'd probably still stick with this model.

5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
Hot apple cider. I rarely order it though, because there's such a small window of drinkability between burn-your-mouth-off-hot and grossly-cold.

6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?
Text! I'm a big time fan of texting. I rarely ever talk on the phone if I can help it, except with my sister because she and I have only had the ability to text within this past year. Second place would probably go to phone or facebook. Lately though, I've gotten a lot better at initiating face-to-face time with friends.

7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
I live in an apartment complex, so the mailboxes are all by the apartment office.

8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)
I'd say phlegmatic is most like me. I'm probably least choleric. Side note: I have never heard of these personality types before.

9. What do you miss the most about being 20?
Ohh goodness.. I thought I had things so figured out when I was 20. I was certain I would marry the man I was dating then, which consequently meant I would only have to work for a few more years before I could start raising a family. I had so little to be concerned about, compared with my life now. So, I guess that, the sense of carefree-ness.

10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?
This varies depending on whether I do my makeup or curl my hair, but it's about 45 minutes to an hour.

11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?

I pay the bills, because I live alone so there's no one else to do it. ;) My dad handles the car maintenance though. I buy the oil and take my car to his house and he changes it for me. Good old Dad. :)

12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?
I don't know, a lot of states! I'd guess probably 15? And 7 foreign countries. My parents love to travel and have taken me to a lot of amazing places, and I'm very grateful for that.

Personality type definitions courtesy Wikipedia:

Sanguine

The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.

Choleric

A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.

Melancholic

A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

Phlegmatic

Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats


Wednesday's Random Dozen is hosted at 2nd Cup of Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment