"When I don't measure up to much in this life... I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ."

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love

I just saw this movie tonight. I've never read the book, and honestly didn't even think the movie looked that great but I had heard it was good and I was in the mood for a movie.

I LOVED IT.

Afterwards my friends and I were talking about what we thought, and I said, "I loved it! And I'm pretty sure it was written about me." Seriously. I haven't seen a movie that I related to so much in a looooong time. She and I have so much in common. She didn't know how to be alone, or what kind of person she was without a man to lean on. She tried so hard to be what he wanted, or just to force it to work even though she knew in her heart it wasn't supposed to.  

One quote really stuck out to me (I don't remember it exactly and couldn't find it online, but something like):

"We both deserve better than to stay miserable together just because we are afraid we'll be destroyed if we don't." 

What a spot-on summary of the entire last year of my last relationship. I honestly couldn't have put it into words any better than this.

Other quotes I loved from this movie, that also felt like my life:

"Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation."
"The only thing more impossible than staying was leaving."
"This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something."

"It won't last forever. Nothing does."
For me, it is such a great feeling to watch something that portrays SO many of my deepest emotions and thoughts. It's a reminder that no matter what I feel, I am never alone in it. So, basically, I loved this movie. That's all for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment