"When I don't measure up to much in this life... I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ."

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Welcome!!

So. This is my blog. :)

I will immediately confess that I totally don't know what I'm doing here, but here I am anyway. My very bestest friend blogs and I am obsessed with hers, and she's been encouraging me to have a blog of my own. So here I am! I wish I had an amazing and insightful topic to write about for my first entry, but I don't. Today was tough and right now I don't even have the capacity to try something like that. So instead, I found this thing called "Wednesday's Random Dozen" and I'm going to do that. ;)

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass."

I bet there are words I still mispronounce. Whenever I say "caveat" I wonder if I'm saying it wrong. I still don't know. Maybe I never will.

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")

HATE THEM. Ironically, the people who use them most in my life are people older than me, like my boss. I text with complete words and sentences and punctuation. I'm also known as the grammar police at my office.

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.


Not sure what to say about it, but here it is:


I thought of what to say: my eyebrows = yuck. haha

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.

For high school homecoming, I went with a boy that I had liked for a while. We had the most awkward kiss on the history of the planet. He never took me out again, but strung me along for several more months before I got sick of it. He was pretty much a loser. I later found out that he had told his friends he didn't have time to date me... because he spent too much time playing video games. Wow.

6. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

Hmm.. probably sunrises, despite how much I hate getting up early. Sunrises are pretty much always gorgeous.

7. What is something you have not done that you desire to do?

I desire to learn how to play the piano. Maybe someday...

8. If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?

I really don't have any desire at all to be an animal. But if I had to choose, I guess a dog. Because my dog has a pretty sweet life. ;)

9. Where were you 10 years ago?

I was in the first semester of my freshman year of high school. I had crushes on a million boys. I played soccer which I sucked at. And I had really short, very highlighted (almost blonde) hair.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?

Not outwardly, but probably on the inside. I have a compulsion to be right, especially with a boyfriend. :-/

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"

Probably caramel apples, especially Mrs. Prindable's from QVC. I order them every year for Christmas and give them to all my coworkers. So yummy!!

12. If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?

Hmm... the Matthews family from Boy Meets World. Not sure why, except that the parents were so awesome. And, Eric's best friend was sooooooo gorgeous. :D

Also... I don't know where question #4 is. Weird.

"Wednesday's Random Dozen" is hosted here: 2nd Cup of Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment